The Citizens' Assembly took place online in January and February 2021.
- Wednesday, January 13, 6 - 9 pm
- Saturday, January 16, 9 - 5 pm
- Wednesday, January 20, 6 - 9 pm
- Wednesday, January 27, 6 - 9 pm
- Saturday, January 30, 9 - 5 pm
- Wednesday, February 3, 6 - 9 pm
- Saturday, February 6, 9 - 5 pm
- Wednesday, February 10, 6 - 9 pm
- Wednesday, February 17, 6 - 9 pm
- Saturday, February 20, 9 - 5 pm
- Sustainable Development
- Economy and Trade
- Peace and Security
- Democracy and the Rule of Law
- European Union
- Schedule (Itinerary) (DE -PDF)
- Travel Guide for the Citizens' Assemblies participants (DE - PDF)
- List of experts (Status 10.02.2021, DE - PDF)
Recordings of the Citizens' Council meetings are available on the YouTube channel of Mehr Demokratie.
- Experts are directly involved in the citizens' assembly as contact persons and "living libraries" with different perspectives and expertise (pro-con).
The discussion takes place in the consultation phases in alternating groups and small groups of six to eight randomly-selected people. Easy-to-understand language is used.
- The mix of participants is balanced so that an exchange takes place between people who differ in terms of origin, age, level of education, etc. Therefore, a sortition procedure is applied via the population registers.
Professional teams of moderators and experts support the online sessions.
- The sovereignty over the citizens' assembly’s agenda lies with the participants themselves and can be adapted by them. Therefore, time and flexibility are ensured during of the citizens' assembly meetings.
The proposals developed by the citizens' assembly are presented to all participants for an anonymous vote at the end of the assembly meetings.
- The citizens' assembly meets in a secure online room, where media coverage and observation by guests (e.g. members of parliament, ministries) is possible to a limited extent, as long as it does not interfere with the work of the assembly. There shall be no public reporting of interim results during the citizens' assembly meeting.
There is a live stream of the Citizens' Assembly meetings - however, this will be only possible in the phases of briefing the participants, and not in during the small-group discussions.